- Formulating, supervising and complementing Estate Management Policy, including all land and property activity as general manager on behalf of owner over directly employed estate staff including HR matters.
- Assessing and implementing estate operations carried out by Estate staff and external contractors.
- Supervision of ongoing repairs and maintenance of property assets.
- Land and Woodland Management.
Administration of health and safety.
- Placement of insurance.
- Reporting to owners and professional advisors.
- Arrange, agree and supervise annual repair maintenance programme.
- Maintain records.
- Carry out general management of all agricultural, residential and commercial tenants and monitor compliance by tenants.
- Secure rent review notices and advise on rent reviews. Advertise, carry out viewings and provide shortlist of perspective tenants.
- To keep books of accounts for Estate and In hand trading businesses and provide drawings where appropriate.
- Maintain VAT records and submit returns.
- Monthly payroll including returns to HMRC.
- To provide budgets, cashflows and reconciled management accounts.
- To certify all invoices and arrange for payment.
- Collection of rents.
- RICS CLIENT MONEY PROTECTION: we belong to a government-approved CMP scheme. Find out more >>
- Sales and Purchase of freehold and leasehold property.
- Valuations of property for purchase, insurance, probate, financial and other taxation purposes.
- Co-ordination of preparatory plans, planning applications and supervision of new and renovation building works.
- Appointment of staff.
- Sale of Estate products.
- Development of In hand businesses.
- Advise upon compensation claims/measures.
Asset Planning and Development:
- To review all development opportunities upon the Estate.
- To provide strategic advice.
- To coordinate planning and development of such opportunities.
- To include property development, natural capital and renewable opportunities.
Trustee and Directorship:
- To act as Trustee in the power of administration on property trust with a legal obligation to administer if solely for the purposes specified.
- To be appointed as Director in the management of in-hand business based upon estate activities.