An independent practice of Chartered Surveyors
specialising in rural asset management
We are an independent practice of chartered surveyors specialising in rural asset management.
We pride ourselves in delivering a personal, innovative and cost effective professional service.
What we do
- Truly independent, hands-on, innovative rural estate management
- Balance a modern progressive approach to estate management with the aspirations and specific wishes of the owners.
- Improve performance by combining practical knowledge with innovative flair.
- Ensure estates’ long term viability by careful and imaginative tax planning in conjunction with other advisors.
- Diversification – hundreds of schemes initiated and taken to completion, including farm building conversions; minerals; leisure; tourism; events & corporate hospitality; warehousing; retail; schools; paintball; smokery; water bottling; livery; renewables and the like.
- Whilst excited by opportunities we make sure routine estate management is carried out well and efficiently by very competent estate administrators supported by good software and compliance systems.
- We operate all estates on a near zero debt basis through our sister direct debit business Assist DD.
Other work undertaken
- Succession planning – helping families through generational change.
- Discrete sales and purchases of about £150m in the last 5 years.
- Lettings – about 750 residential, commercial and agricultural properties let in the last 5 years.
- Planning and development – small schemes and up to 900 houses.
- Landlord and Tenant consultancy (residential, commercial and agricultural).
- Dispute resolution and mediation.
- Staff appointments.
- Directorships, trusteeships, executorships and powers of attorney.
Residential and commercial lettings
The support team:
Mapping & Digital Researcher
Email John: click here
Tel: 01747 820031
Fax: 01747 820683
The Old Dairy
Based on the Fonthill Estate (14 miles west of Salisbury) we are one mile from the A303
and 3 miles from Tisbury train station on the main line to London Waterloo.
Click below to send us an email
RICS CLIENT MONEY PROTECTION: we belong to a government-approved CMP scheme. This is designed to stop tenants and landlords being left out of pocket where an agent unexpectedly goes bust or absconds with their money.
As part of our membership of a recognised scheme we will also;
- hold client money in a client money account with a bank or building society authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority.
- hold and maintain appropriate professional indemnity insurance.
- have appropriate client money protection handling procedures.
- obtain a certificate confirming membership of an approved CMP scheme and display this prominently in each of their offices where they deal with the public and on their website.
- provide a copy of the certificate to any person who may reasonably require it, free of charge.
Rural Vision Ltd trading as Fowler Fortescue is registered with the RICS Client Money Protection scheme. The membership certificate is available here.
Fowler Fortescue is the trading name of Rural Vision Limited registered in England and Wales under Company Number 04660574 and whose registered office is at
The Old Dairy, Fonthill Bishop, Salisbury, Wiltshire, SP3 5SH.
Regulated by RICS.