We are an independent practice of chartered surveyors specialising in rural asset management.
We pride ourselves in delivering a personal, innovative and cost effective professional service.
What we do
- Truly independent, hands-on, innovative rural estate management
- Balance a modern progressive approach to estate management with the aspirations and specific wishes of the owners.
- Improve performance by combining practical knowledge with innovative flair.
- Ensure estates’ long term viability by careful and imaginative tax planning in conjunction with other advisors.
- Diversification – hundreds of schemes initiated and taken to completion, including farm building conversions; minerals; leisure; tourism; events & corporate hospitality; warehousing; retail; schools; paintball; smokery; water bottling; livery; renewables and the like.
- Whilst excited by opportunities we make sure routine investment management is carried out well and efficiently by very competent estate administrators supported by good software and compliance systems.
- We operate all estates on a near zero debt basis through our sister direct debit business Assist DD.
Other work undertaken
- Succession planning – helping families through generational change.
- Discrete sales and purchases of about £150m in the last 5 years.
- Lettings – about 750 residential, commercial and agricultural properties let in the last 5 years.
- Planning and development – small schemes and up to 900 houses.
- Landlord and Tenant consultancy (residential, commercial and agricultural).
- Dispute resolution and mediation.
- Staff appointments.
- Directorships, trusteeships, executorships and powers of attorney.
Residential and commercial lettings
Please see our current listings in Rightmove
The company has 5 directors;
Simon Fowler, Anthony Fortescue, Paul Tory, Owen Davies and Patrick Durnford
We are a team of 18:
CONSULTANT & LAND AGENT
We have a consultant Land Agent, Rebecca Kimber-Danger, and a further senior land agent, Ben Juckes.
The professional team is supported by a researcher, 5 estate administrators, 2 bookkeepers and 2 support staff.
Simon Fowler MRICS FAAV
Anthony Fortescue MRICS
Paul Tory BSc (Hons) MRICS
Owen Davies BSc (Hons) MRICS FAAV
BSc (Hons) MRICS
BSc (Hons) MRICS FAAV
Ben Juckes BSc (Hons) MSc MRICS FAAV
Senior Land Agent
The support team:
Su Plumley, Kate Sutton, Jennifer Hayes, Donna Sheppard, Catherine Bristol, Shirley Morris, James Gatward, Sophie Miles, Judith Poore, Zena Gunter
Tel: 01747 820031
Fax: 01747 820683
The Old Dairy
Based on the Fonthill Estate (14 miles west of Salisbury) we are one mile from the A303
and 3 miles from Tisbury train station on the main line to London Waterloo.
Fowler Fortescue is the trading name of Rural Vision Limited registered in England and Wales under Company Number 04660574 and whose registered office is at
The Old Dairy, Fonthill Bishop, Salisbury, Wiltshire, SP3 5SH.
Regulated by RICS.